Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Our dog started coughing and hacking, 2days , then trying to

Customer Question

Our dog started coughing and hacking, 2days , then trying to throw up. He is limited to our front and back yard and has not been to any kennels or near other dogs.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?
Customer: Nothing besides his usual dog food.
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: Wallie
JA: Huh?
Customer: His name is ***** ***** Walmart
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Wallie?
Customer: He hasn't had any shots for 3 years due to his limited confinement. He chews on a rubber Kong but no pieces are missing off of it.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dani Rabwin replied 1 year ago.

Hi this is Dr. Dani, I'm a small animal veterinarian and I'm happy to help with Wallie (I love that it's Wallie after Walmart! Did you find him there?). Is he eating and drinking normally. Where in the country are you located (I'm wondering about regional things like heartworm disease)? How is he doing otherwise? Any other symptoms or information you can think of? Please let me know any additional information you have and I'll be happy to offer some suggestions.