Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Our 9 year old boxer is regurgitating her food a few mins

Customer Question
after eating it. It's been...
Our 9 year old boxer is regurgitating her food a few mins after eating it. It's been happening for the past three days now
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?
Customer: No just her usual food.
JA: OK. The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the dog's name?
Customer: She also loomed like she was pooping panty hose. I've seen that happen with a other dog a while ago. Kira didn't get a hold of any of those though.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: She's an outside dog
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
6/12/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Jennifer Van Noy,
 replied 1 year ago
Jennifer Van Noy

I’m Dr. Jenn and I’m a licensed veterinarian with 18 years of experience. I’m here to help with your question about Kira.

I’m so sorry you’re having this problem, but glad you’re looking for the information you need. You may join the conversation at any time by typing in what you want to say then clicking REPLY or SEND. Then we can chat back and forth until you’re satisfied with the information I’ve provided. I’ll do my best to ear your good rating, because that’s the only way I receive any compensation for helping you.

In order to help me help you better, I’ll need a little more information. To start with, please tell me:

• Has there been any change in Kira's diet?
  • Is she having diarrhea too? Is that what you mean by the pooping panty hose?
  • Are you able to take her temperature?
  • Is she happy to eat? How long after she eats the food does it come back up?
  • How is she acting otherwise?

I’ll be standing by and awaiting your reply. Thank you for using our website.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No changes to diet. No heartworm preventative since being outside
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The diarrhea just started yesterday. She regurgitated right after eating
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
She doesn't seem excited about eating.
Dog Veterinarian: Jennifer Van Noy,
 replied 1 year ago

It's concerning that she's still vomiting/regurgitating food after eating for 3 days in a row. If a dog has mild occasional vomiting, is still happy, and it self-corrects in a day or so, I don't get too concerned about things. Causes can range from being something pretty simple like she picked up a bunch of intestinal parasites to more serious types of gastroenteritis, pancreatitis, to even some types of cancers, and other things. It sounds like an examination by your vet is warranted at this point since Kira seems to be getting worse, not better. Other initial diagnostics may include fecal float, bloodwork, pancreatitis test, x-rays.

I hope this information was helpful to you.

I am here for you and am happy to discuss your question until you are satisfied with the answer I’ve provided. You may return to this page at any time to review this information and/or post more. You may do so even after you’ve rated my response. I’ll be notified of your response via email and will do my best to help you. If you are satisfied with the information I’ve provided, please take a moment to rate my response. I’ve done my best to provide you the most accurate, thorough, and up-to-date information that is available, and your positive feedback is important to me. Without it, I receive no compensation for helping you. If you are not satisfied, please let me know how else I may be of assistance. Thank you for using our website.

Jennifer Van Noy
Jennifer Van Noy
Jennifer Van Noy