Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My dog ate a tube of tacromilus topical ointment : She is

Customer Question
My dog ate a tube...
My dog ate a tube of tacromilus topical ointment
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: She is currently vommitting and experiencing diarrhea. Her name is ***** ***** she's about 7mths
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Pearl?
Customer: I'm wondering is I should take her to the vet or will it pass?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: No she's pretty healthy for the most
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
6/12/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Dan, Dog Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Dog Veterinarian

Hello!

Thank you for your question, I'm Dr. Dan and I'll try to help you.

I'm sorry your dog is putting you in this situation but yes, she needs to see the vet as soon as you can arrange it. The vomiting and diarrhea will not stop sometimes for several days. A young dog can get very dehydrated and have life threatening disturbances of the electrolytes as the vomiting continues. The vet can give an injection (something that can't be thrown up), to stop the vomiting as needed. The second thing to watch for is a "folding" of the intestine called intussesception up to 6 days later. The symptoms would be a recurrence of the vomiting for no reason and severe abdominal pain. So we can't let our guard down for a week even after the vet stops the vomiting tonight. I hope this helps, if not please feel free to ask more questions, if it did help, please leave a rating. Dr. Dan

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Dog Veterinarian