Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Yeast infection ion in ear and feet : by the way. I'm sorry

Customer Question
Yeast infection ion in ear...
Yeast infection ion in ear and feet
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. There are all sorts of infestations the dog can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Hi pearl, by the way. I'm sorry Susan
JA: How old is Susan?
Customer: I'm Susan. I'm over 18. Lexie is 7 months and she has the yeast
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Susan?
Customer: She is currently on flagyl for giardia. Started flagyl on Tuesday and de-worming again too. 5 days of panacur
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
6/10/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, Susan. I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

In regards ***** ***** question, if Lexi has yeast causing infection both her ears and feet, we'd need to speak to her vet about treating these as well as her ongoing Giardia infection. In regards ***** ***** so, you could use Malaseb (example) for her feet as this shampoo is a very good at addressing yeast (and bacterial) overgrowth. Your vet will also likely carry the extra strength version if needed.

For her ears though, we'd need her vet to dispense ear drops against yeast (ie Canaural, Canesten ear drops, etc). Or you could speak to them about an oral/systemic anti-fungal treatment since she has yeast in multiple sites (though as I am sure you can appreciate the infections are usually linked since they use their feet to scratch their ears and then lick them to spread the yeast overgrowth further). And that way we can get this settled for her before any secondary bacterial agents can cause her any bother.

Please take care,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond.

**Afterwards, I would be grateful if you would rate my service by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

nekovet
Dr. B.
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian