Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience
55012488

My dogs eyes are puffed up and closed and he is shaking.

Customer Question

Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.

Tina, you appear to be describing a hypersensitivity reaction (urticaria) that has caused periocular swelling of Sid's eyes. This can occur with a food allergy, adverse drug reaction, vaccination, envenomation, adverse chemical reaction, or reaction to environmental allergens such as pollens, molds, dust, and dust mites, etc. Can you upload a photo(s) of Sid's face to our conversation? You can use the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see the icon) or you can use an external app such as dropbox.com/