Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Boxer/great parineese 2yrs. Old, has all her shots up to

Customer Question
date plus kennel cough shot...
Boxer/great parineese 2yrs. Old, has all her shots up to date plus kennel cough shot. Last night and today has been panting , seems to eat and drink but dosnt want to be left alone and occasionally whines like puppies do and has a smile squeaky toy that she carries in her mouth like a sucky. Her tail is not curled all the time like normal, no bad breath, when put outside for her business scared of being by herself. Not herself. Is it weather sensing change or is there something serious, I should take her to local vet?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/8/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Gabby, Dog Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. Gabby
Dr. Gabby, Dog Veterinarian

Hi this is Dr. Gabby. Is she spayed?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No not yet

And was she in heat recently like a month or two ago?

Ok she is having a false pregnancy. So because of the fluctuation in hormone levels her body, and mind, think she is pregnant even though she is not.

She is carrying her toy like it is a puppy.

It also makes them anxious and they whine a lot.

It lasts about 2 weeks.

If she is really anxious you can take her to the vet and they can prescribe a tranquilizer.

It is not harmful but is annoying.

You probably want to get her spayed after this because it can happen on every heat cycle so it can happen every 6 months.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
She is not in pain , felt her everywhere and dosnt flinch or appear in pai

It does not cause pain. Were you able to read what I wrote about about false pregnancy?

It is very common. You can read more about it here if you want to false pregnancy

http://www.veterinarypartner.com/Content.plx?P=A&S=0&C=0&A=1896

Does that help? Do you have any additional questions?

Dr. Gabby
Dr. Gabby
Dr. Gabby, Dog Veterinarian