Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Drooling not eating not drinking water and vomiting : No :

Customer Question
Drooling not eating not drinking...
Drooling not eating not drinking water and vomiting
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?
Customer: No
JA: OK. The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Tank he's 6 months
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: Tank
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Tank?
Customer: He's a pit that it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/7/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian

I am sorry to hear you are worried about Tank. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

How long since he last ate and drank? Is he vomiting at all?

Could he have eaten something he shouldn't have eaten?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
About 3 days ago the last time he ate. I tried to put water in his mouth with my hands don't help. I don't think he ate anything. Yes he just vomited

Oh, dear 3 days is a long time. If you look at his gums, do they look pink, or are they pale in appearance?

Has Tank had his puppy vaccinations against distemper and parvo viruses?

If he has not eaten in 3 days, won't keep water down, and is vomiting, he may be dehydrated by now. This could be parvo virus, or some other virus, or that he ate something that either disagreed with him, was spoiled or toxic, or is causing a blockage in his intestines. It sounds like he needs medical attention, rehydration, injections of nausea medication for the drooling and vomiting.

There is not much you can do for him at home if he won't take anything by mouth. If you could get anything into him, the most important thing is fluids: water, broth, or Pedialyte. You can give him Pepcid AC (Famotidine) for the drooling and vomiting: 5 mg per 10 to 20 pounds body weight, twice daily. If you can't get anything into him, he needs to see a veterinarian today. If his gums look pale, he needs to see a veterinarian as soon as possible.

How is Tank doing?

Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian