Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

She is not eating or drinking and has watery stool with stains of blood and seems to not want to move with her head...

Customer Question
she is not eating or...
she is not eating or drinking and has watery stool with stains of blood and seems to not want to move with her head drooped and she is throwing up watery stuff. She is an old dog. I just want to get some nutrients into her.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the head eat anything unusual?
Customer: We live on a farm in NH and the cats are always catching mice, chipmunks and all kinds of little critters and killing them and leave them laying around and she is a PUG and she eats them. When we find them laying we get rid of them and do not let her eat them.
JA: What is the head's name and age?
Customer: The dog's name is ***** ***** she is 15 years old.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Honey?
Customer: She is in heat now. She was attacked by a bigger dog. 2 years ago and lost one of her eyes and some of her teeth has fallen out.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
6/6/2016
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 1 year ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?

1) Is she able to hold anything down at all?
2) How long has this been an issue?
3) What is her normal staple food?
4) Does she also eat human food?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian