Dr. G.
Dr. G., Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Private Practice Veterinarian
71397578

My 25 pound corgi ate about 2 grams of marijuana about an

Customer Question

my 25 pound corgi ate about 2 grams of marijuana about an hour ago. she seems fine, but i'm unsure what to do. any advice?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: bodhi and she's 10 months
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Bodhi?
Customer: no. what's the fee for the vet to answer please?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a licensed veterinarian and I will try and help you as best as I can.

Please allow a few minutes for me to read your responses and for me to respond back.

Expert:  Dr. G. replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear this has happened.

Is she acting abnormal at all? Any vomiting or diarrhea?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She seems fine. Nothing abnormal. No vomiting or diarrhea.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Should I just watch her closely?
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 1 year ago.

I see.

There are two options here:

1) watch for any abnormal signs: vomiting, restlessness, anxious behavior

2) induce vomiting

Expert:  Dr. G. replied 1 year ago.

it is unlikely there will be any major problems.

Keep her quiet and calm. Make sure there are not a lot of loud noises or a lot of activity in the area.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok. so when or if should i induce vomiting and how?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok. thank you.
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 1 year ago.

Inducing vomiting now would be best versus later.

give 3 teaspoons of 3% (regular) hydrogen peroxide to induce vomiting. I think it is unlikely she will have a major problem. She might not really need it.

Expert:  Dr. G. replied 1 year ago.

most likely she will be a little skittish later and should be completely normal by tomorrow.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thank you.
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 1 year ago.

you are very welcome.

Is there anything else I can help you with today? Is there any other information I can help you with?

Expert:  Dr. G. replied 1 year ago.

I strive for 100% Customer Satisfaction. Please feel free to reply back to me if you need any further information or if you are unsatisfied with this chat. Otherwise, please accept this answer and leave positive feedback for this conversation. Thank you very much and have a great day!

Expert:  Dr. G. replied 1 year ago.

Hello

I just wanted to check in. How is your pet doing? Is there anything else I can help you with? Please feel free to reply back at your convenience and let me know if there is anything more I can do for you. Also, please feel free to leave positive feedback for this conversation at any time so we know you no longer require continuing this conversation. I wish you and your pet the best. Have a great day!

Expert:  Dr. G. replied 1 year ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. G.