Dr. Jo
Dr. Jo, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM from Iowa State University in 1994; actively engaged in private regular and emergency practice since that time.
36050890

I have a black Labrador retriever 7month old he got a hold

Customer Question

I have a black Labrador retriever 7month old he got a hold to my simvastatin 20mg what can I do to make sure he going to be ok
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 1 year ago.

I'm Dr. Jo and I'm a licensed veterinarian with more than twenty years of experience. I'm here to help with your question about Bullet and the simvastatin.

I'm so sorry you're having this problem, but glad you're looking for the information you need. You may join the conversation at any time by typing in what you want to say then clicking REPLY or SEND. Then we can chat back and forth until you're satisfied with the information I've provided. I'll do my best to earn your good rating, because that's the only way I receive any compensation for helping you.

In order to help me help you better, I'll need a little more information. To start with, please tell me:

• Exactly how long ago did this happen?
  • How is Bullet acting right now?
  • Is he otherwise healthy and on no medications?

I'll be standing by and awaiting your reply. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was sleeping in I work up and seen the pill bottle on the couch
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
About maybe in hour ago
Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 1 year ago.

Do you know how many he ate?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2to 3
Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 1 year ago.

Okay. I have some good news for you. This type of exposure isn't likely to cause any problems at all. This is a relatively small, one-time dose and is not at all likely to be toxic.

Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 1 year ago.

Even a large ingestion (like the whole bottle) isn't likely to do anything more than cause some vomiting.

There is no reason to take any action. This shouldn't cause any problem for Bullet.

Is there anything else I can help you with today?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much
Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 1 year ago.
I hope this information was helpful to you.Please also remember I am here for you and am happy to discuss your question until you are satisfied with the answer I've provided. You may return to this page at any time to review this information and/or post more. You may do so even after you've rated my response. I'll be notified of your response via email and will do my best to help you.If you are satisfied with the information I've provided, please take a moment to rate my response. I've done my best to provide you with the most accurate, thorough and up-to-date information that is available, and your positive feedback is important to me. Without it, I receive no compensation for helping you.If you are not satisfied, please let me know how else I may be of assistance.Thank you for using our website.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK it did and I will give you 5stars
Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 1 year ago.

You're very welcome. Best of luck for everything with Bullet. Thank you for using our website.

Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 1 year ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about Bullet. How is everything going?

durangojo