Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Dog was outside minutes, then scratched on door to come in.

Customer Question
Dog was outside for 5...
Dog was outside for 5 minutes, then scratched on door to come in. He acts simulant, unable to keep eyes open, and opening and closing mouth like its numb. No n&v&d, no apparent bites anywhere. Gave triflexis at 0700hrs now its 1341hrs. No vomitus outside, no mushrooms (been raining a lot). He's usually very active, sleeping now resp deep even unlabored.am I overreacting?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
6/1/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Ann M., Dog Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. Ann M.
Dr. Ann M., Dog Veterinarian

Hi there and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed, internship-trained veterinarian with 10 years experience in general medicine and emergency and critical care medicine and I would be happy to assist you. Please be patient as there may be slight delays in responses as I research your pet's issue.

Can you clarify your question? You said he "acts simulant", and I am not sure what you mean by that. Is the mouth hanging open, or is he able to close it? I can't quite tell what you think the symptoms are and I need clarification.

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian