Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

We found Sherman with an infestation of maggots and flies

Customer Question

We found Sherman with an infestation of maggots and flies around his rear end. We have been keeping Sherman in the yard because he has been pooping and peeing all over the house lately. He has been eating and drinking. We should we do? My nephew says give him a good bath; I say get him to the hospital as fast as possible. However, the nearest animal hospital for emergency cases is 30 miles away.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. There are all sorts of infestations the dog can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Sherman
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Sherman?
Customer: He is a least 14 years old. He has been fairly vigorous though. He is barking at the moment.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question, I'm Dr. Dan and I'll try to help you.

Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 1 year ago.

I have a question first, does he seem to be sick in any other way other than the maggots?