Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

I have a rescued terrier mix 3 years old. We have only had

Customer Question
I have a rescued terrier...
I have a rescued terrier mix 3 years old. We have only had her for nine months. We are camping in Massachusetts and she has been very ill the last 2 day. Some bile vomit but mostly diarrhea ... Looks like chocolate .. She is drinking but not eating ... She rests in the tent but about every half hour she goes out and has diarrhea . Could she have eaten a dead animal ?? Could this be stress? She is somewhat anxious . Don't know if this is life threatening . We go home tomorrow. Please advise.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
5/30/2016
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 1 year ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?

1) Has she had any human food?
2) Any diet changes?
3) New kibble or treats?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian