Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience
55012488

He has what looks like pimple type bumps in s mouth and two

Customer Question

he has what looks like white pimple type bumps in his mouth and two on his chin. He just had surgery to remove a wart from his tongue and several from his throat. It also looks like he has a white film on his tongue as well. He is 11 months old, and part rottie and we think either blood hound or great dane. We did just recently change his dog food. I do have another dog and she is not having any of the issues he his
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the hound's name?
Customer: Tucker
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Tucker?
Customer: He is still very active, regular bowel movements...
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer.

You appear to be describing canine oral viral papillomatosis which has already been attended to surgically but in most cases will regress spontaneously after development of host cell-mediated immunity response - usually within 3 months. Surgery may be curative for persistent solitary lesions but care should be taken with tissue handling to avoid seeding the surgical site with viral particles. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?