Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

I have a 13 year old Chihuahua. He has suffered a stroke and

Customer Question
I have a 13 year...
I have a 13 year old Chihuahua. He has suffered a stroke and is now blind. He does not seem to be in pain but his quality of life has seriously deteriorated. I live in a small town about 90 miles away from the nearest large city. I love him dearly but know it is his time. I have Ace. Is it safe and humane to put him down myself?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the Chihuahua's name?
Customer: Gyzmo. He has been in the family since birth.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Gizmo?
Customer: No. Until the stroke he was fine happy dog.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
5/26/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Gabby, Dog Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. Gabby
Dr. Gabby, Dog Veterinarian

Hi, this is DR. Gabby. How were you planning on putting him down. If you give him a lot of ace he most likely will not pass. He will just get really sleepy and he could start having seizures.

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian