Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My dog is up running around the house scared out of her

Customer Question
mind. Panting and everything. She...
My dog is up running around the house scared out of her mind. Panting and everything. She also over ate today to the point that her stomach is distended and her tail is down. The over eating has happened. But the panicked behavior and this level of painting is new. She is a 13 year old lab mix and a rescue. She has had issues of over eating that has gotten worse (food stealing. For example, She will take food out of peoples hands and not think anything of it). She also had an inconstancies issue that has gotten better with Estorgen. The vet has suspected Chushings but with the estrogen helping and she doesn't normal have a bloated belly so the vet said probably not. She also has had panic attacks before (from lightning and fire works) But this is different. She is crouched next to me and then just take off running to get out. Then run around the yard and then dart back in. Any help what to do. it is 2:30 am here and really no way to get her to a vet.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/24/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me: How many hours ago did she overeat? What has she had?Any retching, gagging, lip licking or vomiting?Can she keep water down?Are her gums pink or pale/white? Moist or sticky?If you press on her belly, does she have any discomfort, tenderness, or tensing?
Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian