PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue
8538164

MY BERNER MAY HAVE INGESTED SOME D CON MOUSE POISON. I GAVE

Customer Question

MY BERNER MAY HAVE INGESTED SOME D CON MOUSE POISON. I GAVE HER A COUPLE SHOTS OF HYDROGEN PEROXIDE TO INDUCE VOMITING. SHE THREW UP EVERYTHING INCLUDING THIS AM FOOD AND THERE WAS NO SIGN OF THE PELLETS. I FEEL SHE IS OK. HOWEVER IS THERE AN OTC VIT. K I COULD GIVE HERE JUST TO BE SURE. TAKING TO A VET IS NOT AN OPTION AT THE MOMENT AS I AM UNEMPLOYED
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Did you see what the dog ate?
Customer: NO. THE PACK WAS OPENED AND SOME PELLETS STREWN AROUND-BUT THIS MAY HAVE BEEN A SQUIRREL OR PIGEON.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: THE DOGS MORNING MEAL WAS TOTALLY VISIBLE BUT NO PELLETS. AS IT IS THE FOOD WOULD HAVE BEEN BEFORE THE POSSIBLE INGESTION OF THE D CON
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?1) When was the d con consumed? 2) How long after was vomiting induced?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Within an hour at most
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think it would have been visible in the vomit as she was fed much earlier
Excellent. It sounds like you acted quickly and there probably was not any ingestion or digestion of what was in her stomach.There are OTC vitamin K supplements available such as this one that's beef flavored: http://www.amazon.com/Vitamin-Chewable-Tablets-Dogs-Count/dp/B0037PDX1S and here: http://www.amazon.com/Vitamin-Chewable-Tablets-VetOne-Count/dp/B009T9Q2VO/ref=pd_bxgy_121_img_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=0RHDZDK2RQGRM25C8HNVAnd the dosing amounts available here: http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?c=26+1303&aid=1462Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had regarding your companion? If you have other questions, please reply and I’ll help you further.Once you're satisfied with our dialogue, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.
Checking in to see how she's doing today.