Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Dog has allergies and is rubbing his eyes my vet can see him til next Friday are there any over the counter drops I can

Customer Question
He has allergies and is...
He has allergies and is rubbing his eyes my vet can see him til next Friday are there any over the counter drops I can use We were using tobradex. But have run out
JA: I'm sorry but I'm not sure we have an expert who covers what you are looking for. Maybe if you give me more details I will find you a connection to someone who can help you.
Customer: He has allergies and rubs his eyes. My sister told me to use vileness but the internet sad not to
JA: I can help you talk to the therapist. Thanks for coming to JustAnswer. How can we help?
Customer: Is there an over the counter eye drop I can use for allergy relief for my dog
JA: OK. The therapist will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the therapist can help you best.
Customer: What do you need to know
JA: Is there anything else the therapist should be aware of?
Customer: He is a 5 year old Manchester terrier, we feed him kangaroo for food allergies, I think the eye issue is environmental (seasonal)
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the therapist about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
5/22/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
you can see how an ophthalmic antihistamine affects him such as ketotifen as found in over the counter Zaditor. An adult dose would be appropriate. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian