Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My german shepherd pup ate a little bit of dried lemon and

Customer Question
garlic seasoning from the dirt...
My german shepherd pup ate a little bit of dried lemon and garlic seasoning from the dirt while I was cooking on the grill. He threw it up, then ate all of his food. Is he in danger?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/21/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian
Hello Paul, This is just a quick note to let you know that I am locked on to your question and am working on it now. I am a small animal vet with many years experience with dogs and rest assured I will do my best to answer your question to your satisfaction today. You can expect a written reply sometime within the next five to ten minutes or so. We also have the option to talk things over by telephone or via an internet service such as Skype. Please get back to me if this is more convenient for you. { There is a small extra charge for phone calls } Regards, *****
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I just want to make sure he is okay
Hello again I have worked out an answer for you below ... 1. My experience is that Finn will not be in any danger from this sort of incident, there is nothing there which will be toxic in those sorts of small quantities, he may however have a mild transient episode of vomiting and / or diarrhoea { As he has had } but the chances are that he will then quickly return to normal. The milk was a good idea by the way ... 2. All you need to do now is just to keep an eye on him, however I should be available online for you the next four or five hours today so please do not hesitate to get straight back to me if Finn's condition changes in any way or you would like to talk things over with me further Regards, ***** ***** be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.
Hello again,I am just checking back in to see how Finn is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning the garlic seasoning he ate ... Please get back to me and let me know how things are going.Regards,Dr ScottPlease be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue. Such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

I'm just following up on our conversation about Finn. How is everything going?

Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian