Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My dog Floyd he's a Pug and he's really old. We still don't

Customer Question
Hi my dog Floyd he's...
Hi my dog Floyd he's a Pug and he's really old. We still don't know how old he is because he was rescued as a puppy. However he is much much older now and has over the course of this year become extremely skinny...but he eats everyday. He is usually very very perky except when he walked up from naps and sleep he is very very slow and hard to wake up. But today on my carpet I stepped in very bloody stool. More like large large clots of blood accompanied by some poop. I am extremely worried please help!
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help Floyd. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Floyd?
Customer: not really. When he was younger he had heart worms, but that got taken care of. But other than that he hasn't had any other health problems, it's just these clots of blood have really worried me...he's really old now and I'm just concerned Do you think it's anything serious?
JA: I'm sorry that Floyd is feeling poorly. OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/19/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me: Has he had any diarrhea with this? Or before?How much blood/clots were there? A spoonful, more or less?Do you think he eats as well as he used to?Any retching, gagging, lip licking or vomiting?Is he drinking normally?Are his gums pink or pale/white? Moist or sticky?If you press on his belly, does he have any discomfort, tenderness, or tensing?Could he have eaten something he should not have (ie bones, toys, plants, chemicals, etc)?
Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian