Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My 10 pound Pomeran***** *****cked some plants I had sprayed with

Customer Question
liquid fence in an effort...
My 10 pound Pomeran***** *****cked some plants I had sprayed with liquid fence in an effort to deter rabbits. I read your response to another person asking a similar question. I'm guessing if she just licked a few leaves that I probably do t have anything to worry about. Should I just watch for nausea and or diarrhea?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
5/18/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Deb, Dog Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. Deb
Dr. Deb, Dog Veterinarian
Hello, I'm Dr. Deb.The expert you referenced isn't currently online but I can help if that's acceptable to you. Fortunately, the ingredients of this particular product wouldn't be toxic to your dog as you suspected. If Pookie has only licked a few wet plants which had been sprayed, I wouldn't expect symptoms other than drooling and/or vomiting (usually within 30 minutes or less) or possibly diarrhea (within 12-24 hours). Typically these signs are fairly mild and self-limiting.But, if diarrhea develops, a bland diet of boiled chicken and rice should resolve the problem pretty quickly. If she appears nauseous, then I wouldn't feed her for several hours. More than likely, you won't see any symptoms at all if Pookie licked the leaves after the product had dried.Either way, though, she'll be just fine.I hope this helps to reassure you. Deb
Hi Carrie,
I'm just following up on our conversation about Pookie. How is everything going?
Dr. Deb
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
She is just fine. I never even saw evidence of any problems afterword. The plants were not entirely dry when she started licking them but I must have caught her before she'd consumed too much.
That's pretty much what I expected but glad to have it confirmed:) Thanks for taking the time to let me know. Kind Regards, Deb
Dr. Deb
Dr. Deb
Dr. Deb, Dog Veterinarian