Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

Sounds like kennel cough but onlu coughs once or twice a day. JA:

Customer Question

sounds like kennel cough but onlu coughs once or twice a day.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Coughing can be worrying. The Veterinarian will know what you should do. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: jack 5 vet wasnt sure but put him on antibiotice a we have our 4 month old granddaughter coming to visit. wondering if ther eis contagion to humans after being on antibiotic
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Jack?
Customer: no very healkthy but wretching 2 or 3 times a day.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!I am sorry to hear Jack is still having this cough. Without knowing the underlying cause of the cough we cannot rule out a contagious form but very highly unlikely if the cough is only once or twice daily. As a precaution your granddaughter should be washing her hands after handling Jack as well as after handling his toys or sitting in his favorite places. Again these are just precautions but it is very highly unlikely this will spread to humans, even young There are some home remedies that can help reduce the cough and give relief 1.) The steam of the shower when the cough is severe or constant2.) A little honey three times daily can help soothe the lungs3.) If you have a humidifier or nebulizer that would also be wonderful to use in this situation Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both! I am online another 15 minutes to assist you If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.
I am glad to see you were able to view my responses earlier Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today! If you are satisfied with our chat please rate or accept with the stars on the top of your screen so I may be compensated for my time. If you are having any difficulties you can also state your rating (excellent, good, fair) in our chat as an alternative. Thank you!
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Altman