Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My dog eats really fast then vomits his food. the food is

Customer Question
Hi my dog eats really...
Hi my dog eats really fast then vomits his food. the food is undigested but it takes effort when he does it so I know it vomit not regurgitation
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did your dog eat anything unusual?
Customer: no not today. I did try him eating separately from my other dog so he wouldn't think its a race and got half can and soften the kibble up
JA: OK. The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: he does it daily
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your dog?
Customer: Midnight
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
5/17/2016
Dog Veterinarian: angelica41372,
 replied 1 year ago
angelica41372
Good Evening, This is Dr. Stevens, try placing a tennis ball in his bowl. It will slow his feeding down. You can also use a muffin\cupcake pan and place a little kibble in each hole. This will ensure he slows his feeding down. The act of vomiting is retching from the small intestines and stomach. Regurgitation is when they just open their mouth and the food comes up. You are very right to distinguish from them because each can have different causes.
Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian