Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My dog is coughing when laying down. Not all day but it's become

Customer Question
more frequent the last 2-3...
My dog is coughing when laying down. Not all day but it's become more frequent the last 2-3 days. He is a 7 month old Golden Retriever. The last few mornings when he wakes up from a night of sleep he sounds like he is coughing up phlegm and has even cough about 2 quarter size phlegm a couple of days ago.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help your dog. What is the dog's name?
Customer: He started going to a doggie day care facility the last 3 weeks where he may have picked up kennel cough? His name is Ollie.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Ollie?
Customer: He is sleeping well, eating, drinking fine and going on 2 walks per day.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/15/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Peter, Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Welcome! Thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian and I will be assisting you today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice. 1- Is he eating and drinking? 2- Is he lethargic? 3- Any other symptoms?
Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian