Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

I found Small little dark bugs on my dogs skin when I was giving

Customer Question

I found Small little dark bugs on my dogs skin when I was giving her a bath. They almost looked as if they were in the skin and were very difficult to catch and get rid of. Also her right eye (on the white area) is very red along with the outside portion of that eyelid which looks like it's wounded or bleeding. I'm not sure if the two problems are connected
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know what to do about this bleeding. I'll connect you ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your dog?
Customer: We have been traveling for the last two weeks almost and in the last week where we stayed, my dog was spending a lot of time outside there
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am sorry to hear you are worried about your dog's eye and these bugs. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help. I can't identify the bugs without seeing them, but if you apply Advantage or Frontline or get a Seresto collar, that should take care of whatever kind of bugs they are. Redness on the white of the eye is like a bruise or bleeding, from some kind of trauma. It could be connected to the bugs, if she is scratching and hit herself near her eye with her foot while scratching. Usually this will heal on its own, but it might take a week or so. Let me know if this is helpful and what else I can answer.
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.
I hope you were able to see what I sent. How is she doing? Was my answer helpful; can I answer anything else?