Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My chihuahua is acting funny, since I got home she was shaking

Customer Question
and all she wants is...
My chihuahua is acting funny, since I got home she was shaking and all she wants is to be held. She did get excited when I asked if she wanted to go for a walk and when we went for a car ride she was panting she never does that.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: She went for a walk with me and she walked on her own, she doesn't limp or cry when she's walking.
JA: What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Bella and she's 3
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Bella?
Customer: She just wants to be help or lays on the couch and won't let us out of her sight. I don't know if it could be the weather change or the full moon?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
5/14/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian
Hello and welcome, This is just a quick note to let you know that I am locked on to your question and am working on it now. I am a small animal vet with many years experience with dogs and rest assured I will do my best to answer your question to your satisfaction today. You can expect a written reply sometime within the next five to ten minutes or so. We also have the option to talk things over by telephone or via an internet service such as Skype. Please get back to me if this is more convenient for you. { There is a small extra charge for phone calls } Regards, *****
Hello again Yvonne Sorry to hear Bella is a little unwell, however I have worked out an answer for you below ... 1. Having carefully read your question through I think that if these symptoms continue then what you should do just to be on the safe side is have a vet check your dog over sooner rather than later. 2. The reason I say the above is that while the symptoms you describe would not allow me or any other vet to pin this down to any one particular disease via the internet with any degree of accuracy the fact that she is lethargic and shaking means that it is possible that Bella is running a temperature and so may be in the grip of some kind of infection. This would be the main cause of these symptoms in a younger dog like yours.3. I normally like to suggest home remedies if I can do this safely but in your case I think it is not worth the risk as it could well be that prescription drugs such as antibiotics would be what is needed if she is indeed running a temperature, but you should be aware that a range of other diagnosis are also possible. 4. In the meantime until you can get her to a vet all you can do is to keep her comfortable and reassured and make sure she is taking fluids regularly. Also I should be available online for you the next four or five hours today so please do not hesitate to get straight back to me if Bella's condition changes in any way or you would like to talk things over with me furtherRegards, ***** ***** be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.
Hello again Yvonne,I am just checking back in to see how Bella is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning her condition ... Please get back to me and let me know how things are going.Regards,Dr ScottPlease be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue. Such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.
Hi Yvonne,

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian