Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Hey I got my dog fixed today and the vet gave me pain meds

Customer Question
for her but told me...
Hey I got my dog fixed today and the vet gave me pain meds for her but told me not to give the till tomorrow but she seems to be in a lot of pain and won't settle down or stop crying.. What should I do? She also won't eat or drink anything
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The noise must be worrying. I'll connect you to the Veterinarian. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Poppy and she's 2 years old
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Poppy?
Customer: She's a "special" needs foster, she rescued from a hoarding situation. If that helps
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
5/11/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me: Can you check your receipt and let me know if they gave her pain relief by injection before she went home? Which one was it?How many hours ago was it given?What pain relief were you sent home with?
Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian