Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM
27344366

My dog seems to have pain in his neck. JA: I'm sorry to hear

Customer Question

My dog seems to have pain in his neck.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Opie, Bassett Hound, 6 years
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Opie?
Customer: He is healthy and was doing fine earlier today. It happened suddenly. He didn't want to go for a walk and seemed uncomfortable. I noticed that his head was downward and would not raise it when I tried to get his attention, or raised it with difficulty.
JA: Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: No, I haven't look at the paws
JA: The Veterinarian will ask you more detailed questions to find out what is causing this. OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.
HI this is DRB and I am checking to see if you are available for chat?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.
Good. Has your dog ever had back or neck problems before?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.
Was there any trauma that you are aware of? And can your dog still walk normally?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No trauma, and he walked normally, but hesitated and his back was slightly curved. He's on his bed sleeping now, but he seemed to have trouble finding a comfortable position. It may be a pinched nerve, but I'm not sure. It's night time, so I do not know what to do.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tested his reflexes, and he responds normally.
Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.
You need to take him to your vet first thing in the am and keep him as quiet as possible tonight......
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, thanks. How about if he seems fine in the morning?
Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.
Also your vet tomorrow needs to do a thorough exam and may need to take xrays. I would take him in regardless of what you think....neck problems can be very serious......
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will do that then. Thank you.
Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.
Can I answer any other questions for you tonight?
Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.
Can I help you any further?
Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.
Ok, well if you need any further help please let me know. Sincerely, ***** ***** rate my service as that is the only way I am compensated for my answers. A positive rating will not close this question as I am happy to answer any follow up questions. Thank you very much!