Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

By putting a dog with no signs of congestive heart failure

Customer Question

by putting a dog with no signs of congestive heart failure and an enlarged heart...with a heart murmur of 5/6 on enapril and furosemide for a week and then suddenly taken him off, could that push the dogs heart into heart failure?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
by putting a dog with no signs of congestive heart failure and an enlarged heart...with a heart murmur of 5/6 on enalapril and furosemide for a week and then suddenly taken him off, could that push the dogs heart into heart failure?
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!I apologize for the delay, no using the education and then removing the furosemide will not cause heart failure. Having the enalipril and then removing it can increase symptoms since it lowers blood pressure and eases the function of the heart but will not result in progressive heart failure if removed abruptlyPlease let me know how else I can assist you both tonight Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today! If you are satisfied with our chat please rate or accept with the stars on the top of your screen so I may be compensated for my time. If you are having any difficulties you can also state your rating (excellent, good, fair) in our chat as an alternative. Thank you!