Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 18 years.
53976849

How would you describe furosemide?? as a simple drug or a

Customer Question

how would you describe furosemide?? as a simple drug or a strong drug?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!Furosemide at low doses is a fairly benign drug but should be used in caution with pets who have organ function issues. At higher doses it can definitely have side effects that can cause issues such as accidents in the house, change in blood pressure, increased water intake/ urination, lethargy, even vomiting in someI hope this information makes sense but please let me know how else I can assist you both today If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION at the top of your screen (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
so would you prescribe it to a dog that is not retaining fluid?
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.
No that is the purpose of the medication so unless there is fluid in the abdomen or chest I would not advise this medication
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.
Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today! If you are satisfied with our chat please rate or accept with the stars on the top of your screen so I may be compensated for my time. If you are having any difficulties you can also state your rating (excellent, good, fair) in our chat as an alternative. Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
so it is a powerful drug that can actually hurt a dog if not used for its purpose?
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.
Definitely the case