Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

My 4lb chihuahua lick rubbing alcohol off his feet we used

Customer Question

My 4lb chihuahua lick rubbing alcohol off his feet we used to clean the rat glue board off his hind feed. He has tremors not sesures, we are stupid
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: PeeWee 3yrs very hardy he seems very thirsty and unstable
JA: Problems with drinking can be serious. I'm glad you noticed it. The Veterinarian will know what to do. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Peewee?
Customer: He seems to be standing and stretching
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wtf? This is an emergency not a social call, can I get a response. The emergency clinic is busy. He licked his feet.
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question. This amount of isopropyl alcohol will not be toxic to PeeWee but can cause some irritation in his mouth and tremors are not unusual. First wash out his mouth with clean water 3-4 times using a syringe or small turkey baster. Then give PeeWee a piece of bread that will soak up what has been ingested. If there are more tremors and he had ingested more than we think, Activated Charcoal should be given to tie up the remainder of this material. This is available at the pharmacy but it would be better for your vet to examine PeeWee to know if this is required. Does that make sense to you? Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you. Sincerely, ***** *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is good information, IF it had come in a timely manner during a crisis, reassuring, BUT IT DID NOT. I don't think it was this professional, Dr. LORETTA's fault. I requested help, asap, for a 4lb dog. There is not much wiggle room for this little dog's possible recovery from poisonings. This organization or network does not understand urgancy. I went to an hour plus away real emergency VETERINARY CLINIC, while I was waiting for an answer. 4plus hrs. I did not see the urgency that they were quick to advertise. I'm pulling out and asking for or cancelling this service. My little dog went to an emergency vet clinic, before advise came in and he went again today to home vet for another review of the after affects of medicine. He sluggish and disinterested in life do to possible muscle strain or the licking poisonings? This on line "EMERGENCY" totally disappointed me. I did request for additional $'s an answer. It didn't happen. Thank you, ***** ***** BUT this information TO HELP MY DOG came WAY TO LATE. FIX that problem and 24/7 answers, to me mean, RIGHT NOW.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unless something changes, call a local emergency night clinic, get help there. Your pet can be held for hours on this EMERGENCY SITE. PITIFUL.
I am so sorry!! I hope PeeWee will be ok!!