Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Just within the last 10 minutes our female boxer started breathing

Customer Question

Just within the last 10 minutes our female boxer started breathing heavily and when she tried to stand just fell down
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Her name is ***** ***** she is 9 yrs
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Baby?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?1) Any shaking or vomiting? 2) Did she lose consciousness during this time? 3) Was she able to stand but not move or was she unable to stand entirely (legs didn't work)? 4) How is she doing now? 5) Is this the first episode you've seen like this? 6) Is she on any medications?