Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Just within the last 10 minutes our female boxer started breathing

Customer Question
heavily and when she tried...
Just within the last 10 minutes our female boxer started breathing heavily and when she tried to stand just fell down
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Her name is ***** ***** she is 9 yrs
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Baby?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
5/9/2016
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 1 year ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?1) Any shaking or vomiting? 2) Did she lose consciousness during this time? 3) Was she able to stand but not move or was she unable to stand entirely (legs didn't work)? 4) How is she doing now? 5) Is this the first episode you've seen like this? 6) Is she on any medications?
Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian