Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Lakeland Terrier ate used snuggle (blue sparkle) fabric softener

Customer Question
sheet -he was choking...
Lakeland Terrier ate used snuggle (blue sparkle) fabric softener sheet -he was choking and was foaming at mouth. He did vomit pieces of the sheet. Seems to be doing better now
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the Lakeland terrier will be able to digest that. What is the Lakeland terrier's name and age?
Customer: His name is ***** ***** he is 11
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Teaguer?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
5/8/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Stacy, Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. Stacy
Dr. Stacy, Veterinarian
Thank you for your question. My name is***** I have been a small animal veterinarian for 14 years and I'd like to help with your question.All dryer sheets are made and formulated slightly different. Some of them contain some pretty bad toxins. Fortunately if it was a used dryer sheet most of these components are released in the dryer and should not still be in the sheet when he ate it. As long as it was used he shouldn't have too much trouble in terms of toxins. The only other risk with these dryer sheets is the risk of intestinal blockage. Because the dryer sheet is soft and pliable it will hopefully move through the intestine without getting stuck. I would start adding some fiber to his diet (such as canned pumpkin or wheat bread) and monitor him. If he had any abdominal pain or vomiting, that could be a sign that the dryer sheet is hung up and causing a blockage and you should take him to a veterinarian.I hope that helps, but if you have additional questions please let me know. If all your questions have been answer, please don't forget to rate my answer.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks!
Best wishes!
Please remember to rate my assistance!

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Stacy
Dr. Stacy
Dr. Stacy
Dr. Stacy, Veterinarian