Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

He just lost a tooth JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is

Customer Question

He just lost a tooth
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the dog?
Customer: He lost a tooth while chewing on a chew toy
JA: Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: His name is ***** ***** he is a 7 year old English Bulldog
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Ziggy?
Customer: No- He just had his physical and everything was normal
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I paid my fee. Is someone going to get back to me?
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question. Often, they will lose a tooth while chewing on a toy or rawhide because that particular tooth is loose or infected. It would be best to have your vet examine Ziggy's mouth since he may have others that may need treatment. If this is the only tooth, your vet may put Ziggy on antibiotics but it will most often heal without any treatment. Feed Ziggy soft food for a couple days since this will be sore but nothing else will need to eb done. His own body will fill in this defect. Does that make sense to you? Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you. Sincerely, ***** *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok- thank you
You are very welcome! I hope Ziggy will do great!!

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Loretta