Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My 6lb epileptic dog gets treated with phenobarbitol. I accidentally

Customer Question

My 6lb epileptic dog gets treated with phenobarbitol. I accidentally gave him 50 mg of my welbutrin. I have him activated charcoal. Now what?!
JA: I'm sorry to hear that.
Customer: :(
JA: Seizures always look scary. Let's get you talking to the Veterinarian. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Rabbit. He is almost 9
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Rabbit?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help. How long ago did he have the wellbutrin?How long after did you give the charcoal? What dose?