Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Dog tore into. Col/hot blue gel pack, She ate some of the inside -- labeled non toxic- made by accurate managacturing,

Customer Question
She tore into. Col/hot blue...
She tore into. Col/hot blue gel pack
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the dog?
Customer: She ate some of the inside -- labeled non toxic- made by accurate managacturing
JA: Did you see what the dog ate?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: But didn't each much- she a 60 lb 9 month old pit bull
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/6/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian
Hello and welcome, This is just a quick note to let you know that I am locked on to your question and am working on it now. I am a small animal vet with many years experience with dogs and rest assured I will do my best to answer your question to your satisfaction today. You can expect a written reply sometime within the next five to ten minutes or so. We also have the option to talk things over by telephone or via an internet service such as Skype. Please get back to me if this is more convenient for you. { There is a small extra charge for phone calls } Regards, *****
Hello again I have worked out an answer for you below ... 1. This should be no problem, these sorts of packs which are labelled as non toxic do not present any serious risk to dogs, they typically contain glycerine plus a blue dye. It is just possible that if she swallowed a significant amount of the contents she might get a mild transient bout of vomiting and / or diarrhoea but that's about it. 2. There are no special measures you need take in this sort of situation other than just keeping an eye on your dog.I hope I have covered your question fully enough but if you would like further clarification or to talk things over a bit more then I will be on-line for the next hour or so and I will be more than pleased to continue working with you. Regards, ***** ***** be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you very much for your quick reply. Your answer was thorough and very helpful!
Hello again, No problem, very glad to be advising you. Also I should be available online for you the next four or five hours today so please do not hesitate to get straight back to me if your dog's condition changes in any way or you would like to talk things over with me further Kindest regards, *****
Hello again,I am just checking back in to see how your dog is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning the cold / hot gel pack ... Please get back to me and let me know how things are going.Regards,Dr ScottPlease be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue. Such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.
Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian