Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog is exhibiting symptoms of what I believe is GERD.

Customer Question

Hi! My dog is exhibiting symptoms of what I believe is GERD. During her annual exam I brought it to my vet's attention and they recommended I try giving her Pepcid AC to see if that helps. It'll be a week tomorrow that I have been giving her the Pepcid and I don't see signs of improvement. Is there anything you can recommend I do to help her, or should I have her back to the vet for further testing? During her annual they took blood, but I haven't heard anything back yet about the results.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Leila. She will be 7 in July.
JA: How old is Leila?
Customer: She will be 7.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Leila?
Customer: No I don't think so.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. It appears that the Expert you were hoping to speak with is not currently available. I have stepped in to assist you in their absence so that you have a prompt reply to your question. If you would rather wait for the Expert you had originally contacted, just let me know. Otherwise, I’ll be happy to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?1) How much does Leila weigh? 2) How much pepcid is being given? How often? 3) Are you giving this before food? During? after?4) What symptoms are you seeing?