Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My husband swears he gave our Newfoundland her Trifexis pill

Customer Question
on the 22nd of April...
My husband swears he gave our Newfoundland her Trifexis pill on the 22nd of April. But she is scratching like crazy and has been for several days. I am wondering if he just for got or if she spit it out later. I don't know if it's safe to give her a dose now when it would normally be due on the 22nd. Jemima is a 120lb Newfoundland.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Using the wrong medication for fleas can be dangerous. You should definitely talk to the Veterinarian. What is the Newfoundland's name?
Customer: Jemima
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Jemima?
Customer: She is a healthy girl. And usually takes her pills well.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
5/3/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Peter, Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Welcome! Thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian and I will be assisting you today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice. 1- Are you seeing fleas or any abnormality in the skin like: Redness, flaky, etc.?
Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian