Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

My dog accidentally drank out of the toilet that had 2000 flushes

Customer Question

My dog accidentally drank out of the toilet that had 2000 flushes solution in it and only drink a little bit will she be okay
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the dog?
Customer: She's not showing any symptoms or anything else but I'm just worried because that's my buddy
JA: Where does the dog seem to hurt?
Customer: She's not hurt she just did it so I may be being a little bit over sensitive to the fact
JA: OK. No obvious pain. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: Well she is a Dalmatian and has allergies
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome, This is just a quick note to let you know that I am locked on to your question and am working on it now. I am a small animal vet with many years experience with dogs and rest assured I will do my best to answer your question to your satisfaction today. You can expect a written reply sometime within the next five to ten minutes or so. We also have the option to talk things over by telephone or via an internet service such as Skype. Please get back to me if this is more convenient for you. { There is a small extra charge for phone calls } Regards, *****
Hello again I have worked out an answer for you below ... 1. For dogs to drink toilet water with chemicals of various sorts in it is actually quite a common occurrence. In my experience it is usually no cause for concern because the concentration of chemicals from the toilet bowl cleaner is usually diluted and low. If it was higher then it would taste bad and the dog will not drink it.2. All you need do for present is just to keep an eye on your Dalmation, the fact you have a larger breed is very much in your favour, and giving her some milk to drink might help settle her stomach. Of course if any odd symptoms do occur such as vomiting or lethargy or inappetance of signs of abdominal pain then you should have her checked over by a vet without delay, but as I said this would be generally unlikely. I hope I have covered your question fully enough but if you would like further clarification or to talk things over a bit more then I will be on-line for the next hour or so and I will be more than pleased to continue working with you. Regards, ***** ***** be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.
Hello again,I am just checking back in to see how your Dalmatian is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning the toilet cleaner solution ... Please get back to me and let me know how things are going.Regards,Dr ScottPlease be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue. Such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.