Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My dog hasn't been eating since Thursday ,had runny stool for

Customer Question
2 days JA: I'm sorry to...
My dog hasn't been eating since Thursday ,had runny stool for 2 days
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Lakisha
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Lakisha?
Customer: She normally eats treats andeat with her dog food she is drinking but very little ,she is about 12-13 urs old
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
4/30/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Joey, Board Certified replied 1 year ago
Dr. Joey
Dr. Joey, Board Certified
Hello I am Dr. Joey. Thanks for trusting me to help you and your pet today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 16 years of experience. I look forward to working with you.This is a long time to go without eating. I have a few further questions I need to ask, though, in order to get you the best answer possible and understand what is going on:1)Does she have any symptoms other than not eating such as vomiting, diarrhea, coughing, etc?2)Does she have any known health problems or is she on any medications or special diets right now for this?3) What kind of dog is she and how much does she weigh?4) I need for you to look at her gums- are they a normal pink color (or are they white/pale or yellow) and when you touch them does it feel moist or tacky/sticky/dry?Thanks for answering a few more questions!
Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian