Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I have 4 bulldog pups. My biggest eater t JA: I'll do all…

Customer Question
I have 4 bulldog...

I have 4 bulldog pups. My biggest eater t

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the dog?

My 3 week old puppy vomited curdled milk this morning about 30 min after feeding

Veterinarian's Assistant: Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?

No but the mom got ibto trash last night and ate a lot of food we were throwing out could this be the priblem?

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. The Veterinarian will know what to do. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?

No his brothers and sister aee fine

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
The puppies have had nothing but moms milk. This is the first time he has vimited. He is the most active and biggest eater.min ate left iver human foid by accident last night
4/30/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. I wouldn't be alarmed seeing the one episode of vomiting but would be if it persisted. The pup may be colicky or needing worming or perhaps found something inappropriate to ingest. If mom's dietary indiscretion were responsible I'd expect all of the pups to be vomiting. I wouldn't treat the vomiting specifically but I would worm all of the pups with an over the counter product containing pyrantel pamoate if that hasn't been done yet. Roundworm impaction is my primary concern. May I have an update on this pup, please?
He is still active and eating. I think he just pigged out to much. He eats alot. I just bought a dewormer. Thanks
Thank you for the good update.
How old do bulldog pups have to be for their first parvo shots? , I was hoping to give them 2 parvo shots by 8 weeks when they go with nee owners since parvio is
common in this area
Current canine vaccination guidelines suggest DHP between 6-8 weeks and repeated at 9-11 weeks and 14-16 weeks. Please continue our conversation if you wish.
The breeder we bought are male from said he does one at 6 weeks and another at 8 wasnt sure if that was to much. Thank you
6 weeks followed by one at 9 (rather than 8) weeks gives a better amnestic response (boost in antibody production). You're welcome.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian