Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Dog got groomed yesterday and now acting off she vomited JA:

Customer Question
Dog got groomed yesterday and...
Dog got groomed yesterday and now acting off she vomited
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?
Customer: I have baytril at home
JA: What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: She seems so sad
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: Maltese barbie is her name and she is 3
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: I think I looked at her anal area and it's a little red
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
4/30/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question. I am so sorry that Barbie is not feeling well. It is not unusual for sensitive dogs such as Barbie to develop a mild digestive disturbance after the stress of being groomed. For this, the treatment is as follows: Fast Barbie for 12-24 hrs to allow the digestive tract to calm down and heal.Give her Pepcid AC or Famotidine at 0.5 mg per pound every 8 hrs. That can be purchased over the counter at the pharmacy.Give only small amounts of water during the fast or ice cubes After the fast, feed rice and boiled chicken (2/1)If the vomiting and lethargy have resolved, then wean sweet little Barbie back onto regular food. If the vomiting persists especially during the fast, take Barbie to your vet for an exam and lab work to determine the cause for this. This is extremely important since this can cause dehydration or other more serious concerns. She does not need an antibiotic now unless your vet determines that there is an infectious cause for this distress so the Baytril will not be required. Does that make sense to you? Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you. Sincerely, ***** *****
Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian