Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Sugar on Chihuahua mix ***** ***** she will be 2 years old…

Customer Question
Sugar on Chihuahua mix...

Sugar on Chihuahua mix ***** ***** she will be 2 years old she Shakin Shakin shakes just profusely that you'll stop and she starts shaking again how cold is getting like dark colors will turning dark she won't eat she won't drink and she's sniffing everything and she's not pregnant and when she poops hope you would come out real hard hard hard dry dry dry and crusty that likes that like a statue kind of break their legs are broken up

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?

And the crap that you mention that because we woke up yesterday morning and her nails have been clipped and she has like a balloon I guess I hope I like it was clipped a little bit of that it was a cat but she hasn't been to the vet and I haven't quit because I don't know how to do it so I don't know where that's coming from this scares me

Veterinarian's Assistant: The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the dog's name?

Her name is*****

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Bella Bella?

Yes she's been laying on the time and shaking with a positive needs her front paws underneath her neck ears down and just shaken up she said Justin is out to hurt anybody's face two different way I don't understand it

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 6 days by:
5/6/2016
Dog Veterinarian: jadedangel57, owner replied 2 years ago
jadedangel57
Your post is very disjointed and I'm not really sure I understand all that is going on but let me give you a little information that may help. A dog trembles for various reasons especially a tiny dog. Trembling could be due to hypoglycemia, liver shunt, or a neurologic response such as a seizure. Trembling can also be a sign of pain, stress and cold. Hypoglycemia is low blood sugar and frequently causing trembling in small breeds. Feeding your dog smaller meals more frequently can help. If you suspect your dog is having low blood sugar you can put a drop of pancake syrup on your dog's tongue which should raise the level. If your dog is not eating due to constipation which it sounds like might be an issue, then her blood sugar level will drop. Nutrical can be purchased at many pet stores and vet offices and can be given to your dog when she is not eating or drinking for some reason. http://www.petplace.com/dogs/hypoglycemia-in-dogs/page1.aspx A liver shunt is usually a genetic condition. It is a condition where instead of the blood going through the liver and being cleansed, part of the blood is diverted around the liver resulting in a toxic buildup in the blood. You can read about these here: http://www.malteseonly.com/shunt2.html Seizures can manifest as trembling and a dog may not lose conscienceness. You can read more about seizures here: http://www.marvistavet.com/html/body_seizure_disorder.html Constipation as I mention can cause a dog to stop eating. If your dog is experiencing constipation on a regular basis you should add roughage to his diet such as canned pumpkin (not pie filling kind) or Metamucil. A spoon full of pumpkin on the dog's food should keep her bowels hydrated and her feces soft enough to pass. Too many bones can cause a dry white feces as well, so keep bones to an every once in a while treat. A one time use of a spoon of mineral oil on his food can also be used but should not be used all the time. There are two methods I use for young puppies who are having a hard time defecating, which may work on your dog. I first try lubricating a rectal thermometer and take the puppies temperature. This frequently stimulates the puppy into going. If this fails and you have a nasal bulb syringe (aspirator), you can put warm water in it and gently squeeze a small amount into the rectum and see if this doesn't help. You can use an infant’s glycerin suppository depending on the size of your dog but the other methods are what I recommend you try first. IMPORTANT NOTE If your dog ate a non-food item, bone or rawhide recently or if your dog is experiencing other symptoms such as vomiting, not eating or drinking, severe abdominal pain, the dog needs to see a vet and not treatment for constipation.. The above signs could indicate an intestinal obstruction, which you can read about here:http://www.petplace.com/dogs/gastric-stomach-foreign-body-in-dogs/page1.aspx if your dog becomes dehydrated. You can tell by pulling up the skin between his shoulder blades and seeing if it flows back down normally. If it stays tented or is slow to return to normal, your dog is dehydrated and needs fluids immediately and should see a vet as soon as possible. If gums and tongue become pale and not a normal pink color or the rectal temperature is over 103F (101-102F is normal) or your dog becomes lethargic and non-responsive, your dog should also see a vet as soon as possible. I hope this information is helpful to you. If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don’t hesitate to press the reply to expert or continue conversation button so I can address any issues you still have . If you do find this helpful, please take this opportunity to rate my answer positively so I am compensated for my time.
jadedangel57
jadedangel57
jadedangel57, owner