Dr. Stacy
Dr. Stacy, Veterinarian
Experience:  10 years of experience in general practice.
21779527

I gave my 20 lb. pro-sense canine Dewormer. She should have

Customer Question

I gave my 20 lb. pro-sense canine Dewormer. She should have had 2 grams of the Dewormer. I gave her 4 grams. Will she be okay ? I could not find side effects or giving her and extra 2 grams.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Stacy replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. My mane is Dr. Stacy. I have been a small animal veterinarian for 14 years and I'd like to help with your question. Fenbendazole, the active ingredient in the dewormer has a very large safety margin and double the dose is not going to cause any problems. She should be fine!Let me know if you have any other questions. If not, please don't forget to rate my answer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Dr. Stacy replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome!Please don't forget to rate my answer. That is how I get credit for my work.