Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

She will be lying (various locations) and suddenly get up like

Customer Question
someone has step on her...
she will be lying (various locations) and suddenly get up like someone has step on her ... she acts scared a lot.
JA: IÂ’m sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Molly, she will be 11 on May 1st.
JA: How old is Molly, She Will Be 11 On May 1 St.?
Customer: she has always been very sensitive to loud noises - fireworks are the worst, but nothing will happen for her to react this way
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Molly, She Will Be 11 On May 1 St.?
Customer: she isn't sleeping through the night - wakes me up several times a night whining like she's scared
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
4/26/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Doc Sara, Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Doc Sara
Doc Sara, Veterinarian
Hi there, I'm Dr. Sara. I'm a licensed veterinarian who work exclusively with dogs and cats. I'm sorry to hear that Molly has been acting so oddly lately. I will do my best to help. A lot of what you're describing certainly could be behavioral, but it's important in a dog of Molly's age to have her checked over for medical issues. Some dogs will act that way when they are ill from a sore ear, itching, or stomach troubles. The list of things that can wake a dog up at night is pretty long, unfortunately, and I'm sorry to say that I can't tell you if this might be a medical problem without being able to examine Molly. She should be seen by a veterinarian to rule out medical issues. Beyond medical problems, what you're seeing could also be a sign of senility and brain aging or anxiety. Night waking is a very common issue with aging dogs, just as it is in aging people. There are medications that can ease this behavior and help all of you get some more sleep and help Molly have a less stressful life.Please let me know what questions I can handle for you.~Dr. Sara ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------My goal is to provide you with the most complete and accurate “five star” answer. If my answer isn’t what you were expecting, it’s incomplete, or you have more questions PLEASE REPLY to let me know what information you are looking for BEFORE giving me a negative rating! If my answer has been helpful to you, please show me by giving me a favorable rating. Thank you so much :)

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Doc Sara
Doc Sara
Doc Sara
Doc Sara, Veterinarian