Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Not eating, walks slow, eyes look scary ( like help me) she

Customer Question
a mini schnauzer JA: IÂ’m sorry...
Not eating, walks slow, eyes look scary ( like help me) she a mini schnauzer
JA: IÂ’m sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: Hoping she'll throw up / or poop. She just walked in slow motion.layed beside me. She a good eater? Not today
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: We'll try getting her to take pepto bismo. For upset tummy
JA: What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Lilly ann age 7
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
4/24/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question. I am so sorry to hear about sweet Lillie Ann's condition...I know it is hard to see her in pain. It is hard to know what may be causing this since the symptoms are so vague. If this is a digestive disturbance, there would be some vomiting and/or diarrhea. If this is an unstable disc in her back, then she would walk slowly, not want to move and not want to jump on anything. This is a common condition in the mini schnauzers and is treated with aspirin at 5 mg per pound every 12 hrs as long as she will eat something. Try this first to see if this will decrease the pain and help Lilly Ann past this. If this does not help and there is still no vomiting or diarrhea, take her to your vet. There are many things such as infection, metabolic issues or tumors that can cause similar symptoms. Does that make sense to you? Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you. Sincerely, ***** *****
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I gave her pepto bismo liquid one teaspoon. She resting in her bed. I'll give in 3 hrs.
Not better . Dr. Vet Monday
Try the next dose at 8 hrs after the first and see how Lillie Ann feels...best to take her to your vet Monday if no improvement. I am hoping she will feel better.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
She hasn't eaten.But she has taken in some water. Her gums look pink. Hasn't wanted out
To pee. Watching her carefull. Taking her to Dr. Vet Monday still concerns.
Good for you....I hope Lilli Ann feels better. Please let me know if you have time to let me know how she is doing after seeing your vet.
Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian