Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

My dog is sick and won't eat or drink can I give her baby formula??

Customer Question

JA: IÂ’m sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Her name is ***** ***** she is about 7 mos old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Sacha?
Customer: I think it may be Parvo??
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help. Now if you are seeing signs of Parvo (bloody diarrhea, vomiting, weakness, etc); then this is an urgent issue and we'd want her seen right away. These dogs often need intensive care, IV fluids, and injectable anti-nausea treatments to help them fight this off.Otherwise, if she isn't eating and drinking; you can use dog specific formula for Sacha. Otherwise, you could also syringe feed a watered down calorie rich diets (ie Hills A/D, Royal Canin Recovery diet, canned puppy food) or use a liquid diet (ie Clinicare, Dogsure). As well, there are paste supplements (ie Nutrical) that can also be used. And these will all get more in per bite even if we cannot get much in. As well, if she isn't drinking, then we'd want to start giving electrolytes (ie Lectaid, Pedialyte, etc) at a dose of 4.8ml per 100 grams of her weight plus an amount to match any fluid losses in her diarrhea. Of course, if she cannot keep this down, then we'd need to have her vet start at least anti-nausea medication to soothe her stomach and allow us to provide the above for her. Please take care,Dr. B. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. **Afterwards, I would be grateful if you would rate my service by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

nekovet