Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

He has some back pain that recurs from an injury he suffered

Customer Question
a couple of years ago JA...
he has some back pain that recurs from an injury he suffered a couple of years ago
JA: IÂ’m sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Augie. he's 8 yrs old. cairn terrier
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Augie?
Customer: right now I've given him a quarter pill of a 50 mg tramadol and its helping. was wondering if alternating with methocarbamol at his meal times might be good.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
4/18/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian & I would like to help you with your wee one today. In Augie's case, if he is responding to the Tramadol alone, then we'd be fine to continue with that every 8-12 hours as long as needed. We'd only really think about adding in muscle relaxants if the Tramadol wasn't enough for him. Therefore, there isn't an indication in this situation to start Methocarbamol at this time and we'd just want to keep things simple and rest him if he is having a flare-up just now.Please take care, Dr. B. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is the only way I am credited for assisting you today. Thank you! : )
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank You
You are very welcome, my dear.Best wishes for you both,Dr. B.-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. **Afterwards, I would be grateful if you would rate my service by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )
Dr. B.
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian