Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

I have an Rottiwellier I gave her an small bone earlier but

Customer Question
she ususally chew it up...
I have an Rottiwellier I gave her an small bone earlier but she ususally chew it up but I do not think its that she been trying to throw up but been gagging nothing up walk around in a daze then laid down I try to give her some bread just now but I gave her some meat she wanted it took it but barely can swallow it am not rich have my on health isssue as well want to o is there an home remedy to try
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
4/18/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Hello. I'm worried about a couple things right now. The first is bloat, where the stomach twists. This is life threatening, and she would die without surgery tonight. We typically see retching and abdominal distension with bloat in dogs.Here is a link on bloat:http://www.veterinarypartner.com/Content.plx?P=A&S=0&C=0&A=672 The other possible cause would be a bone foreign body in the esophagus. When this happens, we see it on x-ray. Treatment is usually by taking a scope to remove it or pushing it down into the stomach to be digested. I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian