Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My 1 year old golden doodle is drooling excessively and

Customer Question
hi - my 1 year...
hi - my 1 year old golden doodle is drooling excessively and his nose is a bit runny. I did look in his mouth already and didn't see anything in there. Gums look normal. Not sure what else to check...
JA: IÂ’m sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know what to do with the drooling. What is the dog's name?
Customer: charlie
JA: Pardon me?
Customer: charlie is the dogs name
JA: Anything else I can tell the Veterinarian before I connect you two?
Customer: thats it
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
4/18/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Altman, Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both tonightI am so sorry to hear your pet is showing these symptoms tonight...The primary cause of drooling and licking lips is nausea in dogs. Other possible causes include an abscessed tooth, a foreign body such as a stick in the mouth, a mass orally, or ingesting something that is bitter or caustic.So in this situation the ideal thing is to treat as if it it nausea because it is the most readily treatable condition and if there is no change in the next 12 hours a veterinary exam is warranted to determine the underlying cause and begin appropriate treatment- Pepcid (famotidine) 0.25 mg/ pound every 12 hours which is for nausea and stomach acid buildup- Take a nice long walk which increases gi motility, reduces abdominal cramping and nausea but please no grass eating- No dinner if you have not already fedto allow the symptoms to subside without introducing anything orally that might result in progression to vomiting- Water only in moderation- In the morning small frequent meals of a bland diet of white rice and lean boiled meat such as chickenI hope this information makes sense but please let me know how else I can assist you both today! If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!
I am glad to see you were able to view my responses earlier, how is Charlie doing? I would love an update when you are able...Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today!If you are satisfied with our chat please rate or accept with the stars on the top of your screen so I may be compensated for my time. If you are having any difficulties you can also state your rating (excellent, good, fair) in our chat as an alternative. Thank you!

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian